Are you looking for Nebraska law firms with municipal law attorneys to represent counties, townships, cities, villages, sanitary & improvement districts, or other political subdivisions?
Elected officials serving on boards of Nebraska counties, cities, towns and villages are often surprised at the number and variety of legal issues they face as public officials of political subdivisions.
Open meetings laws must be enforced, public records rules must be followed, personnel and procurement policies must be adhered to. Local ordinances must be enforced against the public fairly. County and municipal bodies must set and collect taxes, fees and assessments to ensure sufficient cash flow to meet the government’s financial obligations.
Need Advice on Nebraska Government Law Issues?
If you serve as a city council member, village trustee, county commissioner or supervisor, city administrators, county clerk or other department head, feel free to consult with our Nebraska law firm’s municipal law attorneys regarding your government legal issues. From our offices in West Omaha and Chadron, NE, we are well positioned to serve many Nebraska communities.
Nebraska Government Law Practice Areas
Modern Law Firm offers comprehensive legal services to local governments in Nebraska. We can serve as regular contracted village or city attorneys or serve in a “special counsel” capacity for particular transactions, serving as special city attorney or special county attorney. Some of the municipal law services we can provide to Nebraska communities are:
- public contracts and procurement
- bidding requirements and processes
- procedures for payment
- bid protest procedures
- preventing and resolving contract disputes
- human resources issues
- personnel policies
- employee investigations
- protecting employee privacy rights
- defending employment claims
- open meeting laws
- meeting notices
- interpretation of law
- conflict of interest / disclosure issues
- public records issues
- public records policies
- retention, maintenance and disposition of public records
- electronic records retention
- zoning and land use regulations and disputes
- zoning ordinances
- land use disputes
- environmental rules and regulations
- ordinance and resolution drafting services
- particular topics
- municipal code drafting and publishing
- permit and licensing applications
- code violations
- community development projects
- state and federal funds are available to build and improve new buildings, businesses, water systems, streets and other improvements
- Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), tax increment financing (TIF) projects, LB840 grants
- intergovernmental agreements
- MOA’s or MOU’s with other governments or agencies
- regarding utilities, law enforcement, inspections, sharing resources
- municipal litigation in state or federal courts
- disputes over the enforcement of city ordinances and regulations
- intergovernmental disputes
- contract claims
- tort claims
- defense of claims against local governments
- government immunity
- interpretation of local, state and federal laws, ordinances and regulations
- document preparation
Looking for Assistance from Nebraska Municipal Law Attorney?
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska government law attorney, contact Modern Law Firm. You can reach us toll-free across the state by calling 1.888.934.0198.
Feel free to send requests for proposals (RFPs) for city attorney or similar legal services to our law firm and we will prepare an appropriate proposal.
A Nebraska municipal law attorney is available to assist in various parts of the state. Contact Modern Law Firm toll-free throughout Nebraska by calling 1.888.934.0198.