Directors serving on boards of neighborhood associations in Nebraska are often surprised at the number and variety of legal issues they face as a volunteer board member of a homeowners association, such as:
- Covenants must be enforced against homeowners fairly.
- Town home and condominium owners associations must collect dues and assessments from property owners to ensure sufficient cash flow to meet the association’s obligations.
- Vendors must be lined up to care for lawns, landscaping, snow removal, trash removal, and exterior maintenance.
- Association books must be maintained and audited.
- Regulatory reporting laws governing nonprofits must be adhered to.
- Corporate formalities must be followed.
Home Owner Associations Law Practice Areas
The Modern Law Firm offers comprehensive legal services to homeowners associations, townhome owners associations, and condominium owner associations in Nebraska. We work directly with boards of directors or with property management companies retained by association boards. We provide practical advice and passionate advocacy in a variety of neighborhood association legal matters, including:
The Modern Law Firm strives to help association boards avoid litigation, but when it is inevitable we work with our client to minimize the costs and the impact of the litigation on the association.
Looking for Neighborhood Association Legal Assistance?
Attorney Ben Thompson with the Modern Law Firm has assisted over 40 homeowners associations in Nebraska and numerous members or residents of various neighborhoods. For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Nebraska neighborhood association attorney, contact the Modern Law Firm. You may call the Modern Law Firm toll-free at 1-888-934-0198 or you can schedule a consultation online at any time.